About BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration)
The BBA from MANCOSA is an undergraduate qualification that provides an overview of management practice in a national and international context. The BBA develops a conceptual understanding of management issues, theories and approaches for making a career in management.
The coursework of the BBA is designed to provide the student with knowledge and skills to apply the principles and practices and management in a real work context. A secondary purpose of the BBA is to provide a convenient and appropriate avenue into business administration studies and eventually gain full employment for students coming straight out of school.
Who Should Attend
Duration: 3 years
- Introduction to Business Management
- Economics 1A
- End User Computing
- Business Mathematics
- Introduction to Functional Areas of Management
- Economics 1B
- Business Communication
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Organisational Leadership
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Management
- Business and Society
- Management Accounting
- Entrepreneurship and Small Businesses
- Information Systems
- Business Statistics
- Financial Planning and Control
- Global Business and Strategy
- Ethics and Conflict
- Organisational Diversity
- Project Management
- Operations Management for Sustainability
- The Business Environment and Ethics
- Strategic Management Practices
Upon successful completion of the BBA, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the function and practice of management.
- Identify and solve business related problems creatively and critically.
- Apply knowledge and skills in a multi-disciplinary way using management concepts, models, theories, principles and research methods.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge and insight of the economic and business environments.
- Apply critical thinking to the research, analysis, and resolution of business problems.
- Recognise ethical, legal, and social consideration in complex business situations.
- Understand the global, economic, ethical and legal environments of contemporary business.
- Identify and practice the leadership and motivational traits and qualities necessary to accomplish organisational goals.