About The Programme
Human Resource Management (BCom)
This Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management from MANCOSA provides students with a strong grounding in the fundamentals of Human Resource Management.
The systemic focus aims to integrate human resource functions into the organisations’ business processes using best practices.
A secondary purpose is to provide a convenient and appropriate avenue into Human Resource Management studies and eventually gainful employment for students coming straight out of school.
Who Should Attend
Duration: 3 years
- Business Management 1A
- Economics 1A
- End User Computing
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Fundamentals of Business Management
- Fundamentals of Macroeconomics 1B
- Business Communication
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- Business Management 2A
- Organisational Staffing
- Training and Development
- Principles of Labour Law
- Business Management 2B
- Human Resource Ethics in Business
- Business Statistics
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Performance Management
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Career Management
- Group Dynamics and Leadership
- Labour and Employee Relations
- Employee Benefits and Compensation
- Diversity Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
Upon successful completion of the BCom Human Resource Management, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the applied competence in the field of Human Resource Management.
- Apply a systemic focus to the Human Resource Management function within an organisation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to co-ordinate and manage core Human Resource Management processes at an operational level.
- Apply the basic theoretical principles of problem solving within the fields of business and Human Resource Management.
- Design, conduct and evaluate basic research on Human Resource Management issues.
- Understand and interpret the ethical, legal and professional principles of Industrial Psychology and Human Resource Management.
- Acquire acceptable employment seeking skills for entry into the field of Human Resource and Business Management.
This programme is delivered through supported distance learning. Workshops are held each semester to support students in their studies.