About The BCom (Honours) Human Resource Management
The Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) Human Resource Management from MANCOSA is a one-year postgraduate degree that prepares students for employment in middle to senior management. The underlying focus of the honours programme is to link human resources to the business imperatives of the organisation.
The programme provides students with advanced skills set in the field of Human Resource Management with a view to become Human Resource Managers.
Who Should Attend
Duration: 1 year
- Human Resource Development
- Research Methodology
- Labour Law
- Organisational Psychology
- Employment Relations
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Research Report (Compulsory)
Upon successful completion of the BCom (Honours) Human Resource Management, the student should be able to:
- Focus on the strategic aspects of human resource management especially in aligning human resource strategy with overall business strategy.
- Apply problem-solving skills (both strategic and operational) in managing human resources.
- Plan and conduct research in human resources by utilising research methods and techniques.
- Organise and coordinate a wide range of activities and resources in human resources management.
- Practice social sensitivity in relationships and interact effectively in group settings.
- Undertake a research project to resolve a human resource management problem.
- Demonstrate effective labour relations and promote labour peace and participation in the workplace.
- Identify key issues impacting the organisation from a human resource perspective and propose resolutions to management.
- Establish performance appraisal systems to improve employee productivity.